William Samuel

William Samuel
William Samuel

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Old Han, Master of Kwangse Province



OLD HAN, MASTER OF KWANGSE PROVINCE

From the soldier's notebook:

  The teacher was in a mystical mood the day the important metaphysician arrived. I recorded the words carefully and write them here.

Han said:

  “There is a Flame within us. It burns bright at times and we feel it mightily. When it burns we are warmed through and through. 

  “There is a Child within us. When it stirs we are brought alive. 

  “There is a bright Light within. It comes ever closer as we get closer to the Child, bringing a power with it that makes everything new. 

  “Between the Flame and the Child and the very bright Light, nothing else is so real. The world falls away from them—line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little. 

  “I marvel at the Wonderful Plan that made me out of these three. We stand as a solitary, these two and I. I am become the Child and I reign as witness over my subjective view of things. I am given Dominion here. 

“Now hear this, all my old friends of Kwangse Province, all that is true for me is true for you. The Child within us proves it True.”

 A loud voice came from the court yard. It was the important priest and metaphysician. 

“Oh yes, Master Han,” he shouted so everyone could hear, “That sounds marvelously mystical and inspiring, but if it is true, why do you sit there eating porridge, looking more feeble than anyone? You don't look like one who has learned the Mystery of Life to me. You don't look like a teacher of Truth is supposed to look.”


 Han finished the last spoon of porridge, stretched himself on the cot and emitted an enormous belch. “The holy man you are looking for is inside you, my friend. The honest teacher tells you that.” Soon Han was sleeping. The stranger left quickly to find another teacher.

Excerpt from "The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis of Science, Religion and Metaphysics"  
By William Samuel 

Available on Amazon  


If you would like further guidance in understanding any of William Samuel's work based on Self discovery - you are welcome to contact me, Sandy Jones  -- samuelandfriends@gmail.com - Ojai, California -   










No comments:

Post a Comment