William Samuel

William Samuel
William Samuel

Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Happy Child



The Way of the Child 

Here is a wonderful piece from another dear friend of William Samuel's-- she is finding the Child--reclaiming her Real Self, the Beautiful Swan Soul.. She explains her re-discovery, recovery of her true Self, her uncovering and living from the Light of Truth. She explains it so beautifully here -- I want to share Rose's words with all of you. I hope you find it as joyful and insightful and enriching as I do.  She is such a good example of how this Unbound Self -This Immutable Child lives, touches us and shows us the way in this world.  Love to all, Sandy



The Happy Child      By Rose Burrows  


The happy, contented, vibrant Child holds my hand ever so tenderly. It makes my heart sing with genuine happiness, gratitude and joy, not at all like when I was a little girl.  I was born an ‘ugly duckling’.  William Samuel pointed me to the Child within and I discovered the beautiful swan I truly am.  Nothing much has changed insofar as the human scene is concerned.  If anything, the scene is more challenging than ever but I found the meaning of being in this world and not of it.  It means living in the Meadow without the shadows of the adult world.


I will recount a bit of the drama of yesterday to illustrate what I’m talking about.


I rely on a cell phone for emergency purposes and had to make some changes to the service before going anywhere.  Took care of that (or so I thought) and went on to my appointment.  Must mention that I am using crutches as I’m waiting for a hip replacement and going through a lot of pain.  I called a taxi from home and it all worked out beautifully.


The appointment over with, I have to get down the stairs.  Managed that all right and thought I would sit on the steps to wait for a taxi so I could admire the beautiful garden on the premises.  Lo and behold, my cell phone is NOT working.  To make my way back to the office I just left would be too much of a challenge.  I have a nice young friend who is the owner of a lovely ladies’ wear shop just down the street so I walk over there hoping she can call a taxi.  The shop is closed but there is a young lady standing in front of it.  She calls a taxi for me and she leaves but the taxi does not aarrive!


Soon Melanie returns from her lunch break and is appalled to see me with crutches!  “I’ll drive you home” she says, “my car is right there”!  As we approach the car we notice that she is parked alongside a huge elm tree surrounded with wonderful huge, colorful flower baskets and all that is blocking the car door.  What to do?  The car is sandwiched between two other cars.  An angel appears, a nice young man who lives in the beautiful house we’re standing in front of.  He happily clears the way for us, humming as he goes about the task.  These two angels are thinking of every little detail to make things easier for me.  I am reminded of a biblical passage :


For He will give His angels charge concerning you,

To guard you in all your ways.
They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.

When I got home I was suddenly aware of the ugly duckling and the swan.  My memory flashed back to the days when accepting help from anyone would have been degrading, disgraceful, humiliating – a sign of weakness.  I didn’t know what I was missing.


The beautiful swan knows how to do both, she has learned how to give and gives generously but lo and behold, she has also learned to receive.  It became so clear that giving and receiving are one, that we truly are the conduit for God to be made manifest.

Giving cannot take place without a receiver anymore than there can be a receiver without a giver.  Receiving is as noble and gracious as giving. They cannot be separated.

Peace and beauty already cover the whole surface of the earth but men see it not!  I cannot pick and choose, “this is good, this is bad…this is nice, this is ugly…”  Only the darkness can show me the Light…and the darker the night, the brighter the stars…that’s for sure.  I see it now!  Without the pain and suffering I would still be blind, struggling and stuck!  I live in the Child’s Meadow relishing the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’, immersed in  love and gratitude for all the blessings, the wonder of God’s all-inclusive Love.



If you would like to learn more about the Child, read William Samuel's book "The Child Within Us Lives!"  

available on Amazon 



If you would like further guidance in understanding any of William Samuel's work based on Self discover you are welcome to contact me, Sandy Jones - samuelandfriends@gmail.com - Ojai, California -   

Read more by William Samuel books available on Amazon 


The Awareness of Self-Discovery   by William Samuel 

A Guide To Awareness and Tranquillity   by William Samuel 

  Two Plus Two Equals Reality-- by William Samuel 

Seminar With William Samuel, White, Georgia -- DVD

1 comment: