William Samuel

William Samuel
William Samuel

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Welcome To Woodsong




Greetings and welcome to our Woodsong Journal Notes--


Many years ago, William Samuel used to hold some of his talks on board his little house boat Lollygog.  As Lollygog would meander gently down the Coosa River, Bill would share his love for nature and his love for the Truth with anyone and everyone who wanted to join him for the day, or, sometimes, a two or three day jaunt.  

These happy journeys on the river were attended by small groups of folks who longed for peace and understanding and felt that William had some keys to the way to find It. The Coosa River and Lollygog were the perfect setting for Bill to share his message.  He was a wonderful story teller and had a delightful sense of humor.   The guests could listen and learn of Truth, Reality, and God while enjoying a sweet ride along the waters on boat full of laughter, tears, joy and friendship.  

 Bill would also write and publish a monthly letter to send to all those who were interested in being on his mailing list.  He called the letters Notes From Lollygog.  As the years went by, Bill eventually let go his little boat and no longer gave his talks on Lollygog.  

In the 70's William built a small cabin in Mountain Brook, Alabama, which he called Woodsong.  There at Woodsong he would meet with people interested in their own Self-discovery and continued to write and teach.  Once again, he would often teach while out in nature.  He would take his guests for walks, to hunt ancient arrowheads or just to stroll and talk together while enjoying the trees, the dirt roads, wildflowers, bugs and birds.  By then the monthly letters were called  Notes From Woodsong.  Several years later, they become The Child Within Journals. 

I thought, since the Woodsong Journal Notes is a new endeavor, that it would be nice to begin at the beginning.    So, we will post our first blog using William's first edition of Notes From Lollygog October, 1968.  Then, as we go along, I will  shuffle it up.  I’ll use excerpts from his books, perhaps some of the transcribed audio tapes, and his journal notes that span the years.  I'll go with whatever seems fitting for the moment.   

We will have plenty to keep the blog running along, as William was a prolific writer and I have many of his papers both published and unpublished to work with, besides all his books. 

Soon after William passed away, I was made the legal trustee and given the copyrights to all his books, audio recordings and other literary material. 

He trusted me as I trust the Child I Am.  So, here we are, many years down the road.  We will collaborate here, Bill and me and you.  We will create together, we will learn as we go along and we will see where the Child leads us.    
   
 William's words are like a chart that leads to a place where Love reigns and the Child lives. I know the Child that William writes about--It has found me. Through William's words and this sweet grace that washed over me, I found what Bill had been pointing to all along. This divine Self of myself has taken my hand and shows me the way through this world, balanced and flexible, peaceful and strong.  I know you can find this abiding Self knowing as well. You will find your own inner authority, the Light of freedom you are, as you listen and hear with your heart. These are the words of a true Master, a man who tested,  lived and proved for himself the Truth of the words he speaks. 

Don't forget, questions or comments are welcome--We look forward to you participation.  

Enjoy and Much Love, Sandy  


If you would like further guidance in understanding any of William Samuel's work based on Self discovery - you are welcome to contact me, Sandy Jones  -- samuelandfriends@gmail.com - Ojai, California -   











4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sandy.

    How indescribably fortunate I have been to stumble upon Samuel's work through your work, Heart, and that of others. I can only hope, see, and believe that others will do the same.

    It is indeed time that we take that most bold of steps and be the Truth and see the Truth as it is given to each of us to so. What is the alternative, really?

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug-- How nice to see you here--I am so happy you found William too. He always said that his work is an aspect of our self--That is so lovely and also very true.

    Yes, William is remarkable and his message about the Child is so important now. We find there is more and It includes this world of people, places and things.

    It is The Child that is tugging at us, nudging us with the feeling that it is time to speak up and not be afraid to say it in the way it shows up for us.

    Yes, it does take a bit of being brave and not worrying about 'what they will think"---For me, I can't speak in the "Absolute" terms any more, as Truth-full as they are, they are still limited and restricting. Now this Child that is Here with me seems to find new ways to say things that may not sound very "absolute", but they are honestly closer to the wholeness of the Truth.

    So, yes Doug--take the bold steps and share your own words in your way. Everyone of us has own unique expression of what has been shown to us. Of course, and I know, it is not easy to find the words to share it--but, then also, we do not have to always share with words. We share It by Living It, by letting this Inner Guide that Lives beyond this world view, we let It take our hand and It leads us to the right things, the right way, the best answers here in the world. It does and It will.

    I wil post a very sweet piece that someone just wrote to me. It is about this very subject; the subject of 'seeing how the Child works it's wonders' in our life. I will post that one next.

    And then I have a couple of things I am writing about right now--and if I get them done, I will post those too, in the next few days. The Glimmers just keep flowing, and I will do my best to get them out and posted here.

    I am still exploring how this Blog thing works, and I am fairly inept at computer stuff--so, this may take a while to get our Blog running along and using all the bells and whistles I suspect I might have access to.

    You too, trust yourself--Listen to your Heart and be brave--Be the Child; that is the key-- It will let know what to do, whatever it might be--- It is time, you are right about that.

    Much Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What a great idea to do a blog! William Samuel is smiling!!!
    Following his extraordinary vision, so many joyful children are now laughing, playing and frolicking in the Meadow! The Tree is in bloom, the fruit rich, sweet, and abundant!
    Bill knew what he was doing when he chose Sandy to carry the torch. She has been such an inspiration, such a good coach, supporter, and a great cheer leader! She laughed with us, she cried with us. She gave the cup of water as required. She followed her Heart and let us follow ours. Blessed are we!
    I just want to add that if anyone is thinking that they cannot find the Child because they had an unhappy childhood and have no happy memories, it is NOT true! Don't let the wounded child fool you, don't let it hold you captive. It has no value, no power, no authority. You too can find that simple, happy, jubilant, oh so innocent, so joyful Child you are! You see It out there where children play and think it isn't yours but it is your Self you are looking at! You too can laugh and play and sing and dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that is so lovely and kind of you. What a sweet note to see here.

      Yes, It is good to know that when we talk about the Child that Bill's message is about, we are talking about the Unbound Child, the pure, unadulterated Self of us, the eternal self we are, before time.

      There is a true self that is both here in the world, with us in time and space, and at the same time, transcendent. This is the Child and It understands this tangible world and the reason for having to 'do our time' here :-)

      With the discovery of The Child, we won't get caught up in the material things so much, and if we do, we can get untangled quickly.

      With the Child we are, Life is easier, Life is Sweet and somehow, this Child helps us find the solutions, do the right thing, we respond to Life's ebb and flow with creativity and love. This childlike spirit charges us with a new aliveness and freedom and vitality.

      Because I have found the Child (or I should say by Grace and Love the Child found me)-- I know that Bill was right about this. The Child-- this is the Way walk ye in It--the Living Answer--Moving and Being--Real. Yes, I want to share William's message, to give what I can, to get this Good News out there--shout it from the roof tops.

      Well, I do thank you for the comments. Maybe I can write something more about all this as a main post. We shall see. For now, I thank you-- Much Love, Sandy

      Delete