William Samuel

William Samuel
William Samuel

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Child Again






This was sent to me by a lovely lady who has studied metaphysics for many years but somewhere along the line  she broke out and found the all inclusive joy of the unbound Child that really does understand and truly Lives.

I am enjoying her joy -- in how she expresses the sweet unfolding wonder of her own genuine Self realization.

This, to me, is a shining example of how profound and yet sweetly innocent and simple this journey of Self discovery really is---when it's real, it feels as if we have come home, returned, made a full circle back where we started; our heart and soul feels free, laughter comes easily, we are as a kid again just catching leaves on a fall day:  



Well the good news just keeps on a comin'! 

Sandy, today I noticed something wonderful. 

Today there were times when I caught myself in a bit of a worried thought or mind just going here, yonder and about and  all I had to do was "remember" the child, that is FEEL it and all is well. It is like the way you described it, It's like "taking a breath" in a way and all changes. Worries drop and there is joy. And it is more like Joy now instead of peace. Joy feels like Peace that is alive and vibrant and LIVING! 

Before what I would do when in a yucky thought process is just sort of try to talk myself through it....
I would say things like "oh here I go again, now why am I thinking like that", "I need to go read or study something to help me with this worry thought", or "why am I still not getting this?!" or I would just begin to allow myself to "observe" it, just "sit" with it...(which never worked for me) ....but NOW....I just have to remember the child. Before I wanted to know WHY I was thinking the way I was. Well for me, it does no good to know the why and who CARES why? Knowing the why never helped me anyway...It would be like looking at a burning house and just sitting there wondering WHY the fire started or just "observing" the burning of the house. Well that does nothing to put the fire out and regardless of the WHY  the house would still be burning. But if I just get the water I can put out the fire. It's like that for me with the child. 

I drop all the questions of the why and get the "water" (child) and the fire goes out. If I just "observe" the fire or "sit" with it that does not put the fire out either. Finding the water is an active thing and so seems to be for me in finding the child. It's an inner type of "work" that is so easy to do. It just seems to be finding my basic nature. More gentle than air.   

Of course maybe there is a time for observing and trying to see the whys. Lord knows I've done my share of it all. But now, at least for me, that path does not work at all. Finding the child does away with the need for any type of "work" that I can do. By Grace it is done for me. 

Sandy I am so grateful I can't find the words to express it! You and William's teachings have been such a God send for me!!! I am blessed, so very blessed!

I love you!!!!
Angie

*****

Oh Sandy, oh Sandy!!

What a beautiful joyous day with the child!! 

I have to share yet some more!!

I have found how the child delights in the small wonders and helpfulness of the world. 

I have been having trouble carving my walking sticks for lack of a good way to secure my work. Just yesterday I was troubled by this....thinking "how am I going to get my caving done?" THEN yesterday evening when that thought came I just dismissed it and expected only good.
WELL....

Today my Dad mentioned using an old workmate bench that he had in his shop. I got it out and took it to my little shop. I set it up and you just can't believe what a PERFECT thing this is. It was perfect height and the way it opens allows for room for the hold vice and lots of other things that I won't go into detail about but let me just say that several things about this set up are more perfect than perfect. I won't have to hunch over the work and hurt my back anymore and it is all just so secure and as I said PERFECT.
As I set this up while very much aware of the child there was just pure delight, joy and such happiness!!
I even began hearing the old children's song I learned in Sunday school that just fit what I was feeling..."I've got joy, joy, joy down in my heart" and it was just like the child I was when I was in Sunday school. SO PURE, so clean so JOYFUL. 


****

Something else to share about all of that....

I came back in from my work shop still so happy and my 7 year old niece was here. I began to share the story and the happiness of what I had just set up in my shop and how wonderful it was going to be to carve now. My little niece "got it" She began smiling with me and her eyes lit up and she said "Wow now you can make two a day! Three a day! No! FIVE a day!" Then we were laughing at what she had said. Then she said "And it won't hurt your back!" I said yes, this is like getting a Christmas present!" Then she laughed some more.   

The joy teaches joy by simply being what it is. Love teaches love by simply being what it is....And Love and joy is us and yet there is "us" that gets to enjoy it! All is really one but in the oneness is the "me" that gets to see it.
The "me" is really one with all and yet there is still a "sense" of it as one that gets to enjoy it all. All INCLUDED in the ONE.

If I try to get rid of "me" I am trying to "break apart" the oneness of this beautiful experience. THAT to me would be separation and duality. If I try to get rid of this "me" that enjoys it all I am separating from ALL. There is no duality. I am One with it all! The "child me" IS "part" of the ONE.
As I feel this joy there is no separation from the "one that feels" and the Joy itself!!
But if I say "there is no one that feels" then I am immediately separating into duality. The "one that feels" IS the Oneness KNOWN!!

Well once again I went on longer than I meant to. But it just bubbled out!

Love you,
Angie




If you would like further guidance in understanding any of William Samuel's work based on Self discovery - you are welcome to contact me, Sandy Jones  -- samuelandfriends@gmail.com - Ojai, California -   








1 comment:

  1. This is all so sweet and gentle, so honest and simple and real and true and so very beautiful! So, so Childlike. It brings tears to my eyes as it touches those tender places in my heart.
    Angie,thank you so very much for sharing your analogy about putting out the fire. This is brilliant...and very practical.

    Cinderella

    ReplyDelete